So, I have said many times that I love to blog because I have been terrible at journal-writing, and I am many, many years behind on my scrapbooks. And yet, I don't want to forget these things... So, when I tripped across blogging last summer, I got truly excited for the opportunity to journal, scrapbook and joke around. And though I have not yet printed my blog, I think that when I do it will truly become a journal/scrapbook.
Blogging has made it much easier for me to follow the prophet's counsel.
Blogging has made it much easier for me to follow the prophet's counsel.
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh you memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006So, I am thinking that blogging is wise. Sometimes I blog-hop too much. Sometimes I get lost in other people's great craft ideas that I will never do or remember. But if I can keep up my own blog, see what my friends are doing, and limit my hop-time I think that it is a very fulfilling activity.
So, now to my questions...
Are you obsessed with blogging?
Do you have a love/hate relationship with blogging?
Have any of you printed your blogs?
































14 comments:
I'd like to think I'm not obsessed with blogging. I do enjoy it. Like you, it has given me an opportunity to record my thoughts and feelings. No, I have never printed any of my pages, but someday I really want to.
I think I have a love/hate. I like blogging when I feel like it, but sometimes it feels like an obligation. And now with my doing blog ads, it means I have to blog even when I totally don't want to.
BUT I have met soooo many people I never would have met without the blogosphere and I am thankful for that.
I do enjoy blogging. I try to write only when I have something to say. I have to admit that my blog is nothing like a journal or scrapbook, though. I do those separately and privately. I don't know exactly what it is. Hmm.
I think the obsession fades after a while and you find that you don't waste time doing it as much. I had that issue in the first few months of blogging and I felt so bad, but it really went away. Putting all my blogs on Google Reader helps a ton, because I seldom just blog hop anymore.
I think this might be my first time commenting on your blog; I've been lurking around. I think I found you through another blog, but I honestly don't remember now. I can only tell you that you caught my interest because my youngest is named Aurora. I hope you don't mind!
But back to why I'm coming out of my lurking, to answer your questions. I am just like you; I am horrible at journaling and though I LOVE scrapbooks, I'm about... 7 or 8 years behind. My poor Aurora doesn't even have a scrapbook. At all.
But - also like you, I find blogging as a way to make up for that in some ways. I used to print every single post out. I have a HUGE binder full of posts and only stopped when my smart husband bought me a flashdrive so now I save every post to my computer as well as on my flashdrive. When it gets filled to what a CD will hold, I'll burn a couple copies on cd and start filling up the flashdrive again (I'm not there yet). So that way, I have multiple copies in a couple different locations (on line, on my computer, and on the flashdrive/cds).
Mine is love/hate. I love to do it and I am looking forward to having the journals down the road, but I hate how much time I spend on it. I have to really keep myself in check to not get carried away. But like Rochelle said, it's not nearly as bad for me as it was in the beginning.
I enjoy blogging since I have never been one to keep a journal and not sure that I will ever be able to catch up with the scrapbooking. I think that it's a great, quick easy way to jot down memories. I am very grateful that I have my memories from this past year, it is a big part of our lives and I'm grateful that I will be able to look back at it. I use my blog as more of a Family Journal/Scrapbook.
I haven't printed mine up, but really want to. Especially before it gets too big.
It's love/hate definitely. I have considered having mine printed too. I think it would be an awesome journal.
I think I enjoy reading other people's blogs more than I like writing them. It think it's an awesome way to keep in touch and see what's going on in people's lives. I'd love to get it into where I say more feelings and put more thought into it I guess...but I still have a long ways to go I think!!!! Thanks for offering Maddy to help...we may just take you up on it, I'll let you know.
I love Blogging and although I dont do it for the comments-getting them is awesome! I blog at work, so its a great stress reliever for when I need a break! I love reading the blogs of others and I have met so many awesome ppl through it, who I hope to meet up with in real life to :-)
I havent printed mine (didnt even know you could) But, its a great idea.
Thanks for visiting my blog, as well! :) We call our Aurora, "Rori". Our oldest, Acadia is nicknamed "Cadi" and "Rori" just seemed to match that well. So yep, same nickname, just spelled differently. :)
Occasionally we call Aurora, "Rora". She's named after my great-grandmother, who my mom called "Grandma Rora", so she's kind of inherited her nickname at times, too. But usually it's Rori.
Cadi calls Rori, "Rori McRoarRoars" sometimes though... ever get that one? ;)
I'm a little too obsessed with blogging...I'm really trying to keep it in balance! :0
I pretty much love it! :)
Nope, I haven't printed any of it yet! But it's the only journal writing I do! :)
I like it, but totally go through not liking it phases. To me it serves the purpose of staying semi-connected to adults throughout the long days of mommyhood. I get a little burned out sometimes and need breaks. Like now! I think I like reading my friends blogs more than blogging myself. I also like finding inspiring blogs out there.
totally obsessed with blogging
Post a Comment