Monday, November 10, 2008

China Syndrome

Hubby's off to China again.

I guess he missed going to restaurants to eat things like:

this-

Goose Tongues

I Don't Know...

You Couldn't Pay Me Enough...

Or the adventure of 'Let's-Pick-Our-Dinner' ! (from the aquarium... no this is not a zoo, it is a restaurant...)

Plenty of delights to choose from:

Eel


Turtle



Or These Little Nifties...


Now, I Could Do This -


This, Not So Much...




I am thinking that a PBJ and some milk sounds mighty fine right about now.

14 comments:

Chellie said...

haha.. that is funny! I'm sorry he off again, but at least pb&j and milk are easily accessible. :)

Yvonne said...

Cute post. (Actually that last one was pretty tasty--we actually had that ; )

Hope he gets back before you know it.

The Chaffin's said...

I don't understand who could really eat that nasty food. Yuck. I'd probably puke.

liz said...

I say yummy! Maybe it is an acquired taste that take thousands of years of inbreeding to cultivate? Any who- I hope the poor man doesn't starve!

Natalie Jane said...

thanks for stopping by!

My parents and sister have spent time in China and all we hear about is the gross food. I lived in Israel and the worst I ever had it was corn on pizza :)

Casey said...

ugh! I can't imagine putting anything like that in my mouth! You're going to have to make him some chicken, mashed potatoes and biscuits for when he comes home! If I ever go to China, I'm packing the PB & J stuff and taking it with me.

Whitney said...

wow,he must really like strange food that is mostly alive when you eat it. HA HA! Im more of a PB&j girl myself. Ill pass on the eel, cricket, and turtles thank you very much.

Michelle said...

that just looks gross. my sil lived in China for a year and she took pictures of all the food she ate. i don't think i even want to know what is in half of them.

Jami said...

WOW, I went to China right after high school, and lived there for 4 months.
I will never forget the first time I went to the local grosery store. It was like going to the zoo. There were turtles, and crabs, and snakes, eels, fish! SERIOUSLY, I wanted to buy them all, and rescue them.
I remember that eating at nice resturants was TERRIBLE. Eating street food was TEN times better.

Fifi Flowers said...

I would lose soooooo much weight if that was the menu... UGH!

irbuanosraL said...

blech!!!!!!!!




**The little scroll thingies are from http://www.thewoodconnection.com/furniture/wood-crafts/ This place in UT. Let me know if you want me to pick something up for you and ship it.
A

Chanda said...

Barf! I don't know if I could even stomach a PB&J after looking at those pictures. That stinks that he had to go back so soon.

Emily said...

Love the pictures! Hope that you see him again soon.

Nancy Face said...

Yes, yes! Please pass the PBJ! ;)

People really EAT that stuff? EWWW!