Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet

On Sunday Evening we lost our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley.

President Hinckley has always touched my heart. I always looked forward to hearing him speak. He was the prophet for most of my marriage, and I don't remember him not being in the First Presidency.
When the news came, I was shocked, and then immediately calmed. I was so overwhelmingly glad to think of him with his Sweetheart once again.


His humor was always so refreshing. I remember that at his 95th Birthday Celebration he said, '...let's do this again in 5 years.' So funny.

Also, he was advised by doctors to start 'carrying a cane.' That is exactly what he did.



He found many uses for it, from light-heartedly 'knighting' Elder Eyring as a member of the First Presidency,



- to waving to crowds of loving members of the Church.



We shall miss you greatly, President Hinckley.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

So glad you posted pictures. Those were great. I remember the comment at his 95th birthday celebration.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

A beautiful tribute Aurora! I love your choice of pictures.

Nancy Face said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures you posted. I love him so much, and I will truly miss him, but I am filled with joy, thinking of his reunion with his sweetheart.

I thought I was done crying, but I was very wrong.

Rochelleht said...

I LOVED when he knighted Pres. Eyring. So cute!